Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Vacation (part 2)

We spent a few hours at Dollywood. Its a beautiful amusement park set right in the Smoky Mountains. It is one of the prettiest parks I've ever been to. Mike and I enjoyed some of the gospel music there. We enjoyed all the craftsmen showing how they make their goods and it was fun watching the children ride rides. I even got Mike on a water ride! The first picture below is of a pretty christmas shop in Pigeon Forge.


The Christmas Place in Gatlinburg

Dollywood


11 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your pictures of Dollywood. I remember years ago I think it used to be called silver dollar city until Dolly bought it. I would love to go.I am so glad you had such a great vacation.
Hugs from SC.
Lisa

Kim said...

Is that Barney Fife standing beside that police car :-)

It looks like you had a blast!!!!

Kim

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Patti,
Had to come and see the second set of pictures, while everyone is still asleep. Of course, they are gorgeous, just like the first set. The Christmas Shop is beautiful, as is Dollywood. And what a nice shot of the two of you!

Have a wonderful day!

Hugs,

Renie

Betty said...

I love road trips! Looks like you had fun and some great weather!

kdwhorses said...

Been enjoying your pictures and posts from your vacation! Looks like you all had a great time!

Karen Roper said...

I love ALL you pictures of the vacation!! Makes me want to visit the Smoky Mountains!!!! I will have to get your intenerary if we do go.

I love the pic of Mike in front of the old cop car. He just needs to put on a police uniform and BOOM! Barney Fife appears!!! LOL

Tracy said...

I missed this post yesterday. Man, looks like ya'll had a blast. I was thinking Barney Fife too. LOL

Tammy Pearson said...

It looks like you went to Mayberry too. I never made it to Dollywood when Chris and I went, it looks gorgeous.

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Looks like heaven to me!

Midlife Mom said...

I LOVE your new look!!!!!!! It is just perfect! This is the first time I have seen it as we just got back from our trip at noon today.

I so want to go to Dollywood! That is on my to do list for the future with my kids and grand kids, I know they would love it.

I would love that Christmas shoppe and all the other shops there. Must go back and check your older posts and see if you put in any more pictures. Glad you had such a good time!

Stop by my place for some vacation pics too! :o)

Joy said...

We have a picture sitting in front of that same butterfly 8 years ago. I love The Smokey Mountains we vacationed there a lot when I was young. Thanks posting the great pictures.