Pages

Monday, October 20, 2008

Vacation (part 1)

We had such a good time on our vacation. I took over 300 pictures, so its been hard trying to decide which ones to post because I got so many beautiful scenery pictures. I will start by showing you the Buckhorn Inn where we stayed and our first stops along the way. I will have more to share later.

This is the Buckhorn Inn where we stayed.This is the main house, we stayed on one of the cottages on the grounds. It was so beautiful there. If you ever get the chance, splurge and stay there!

The main dining room where we had breakfast each morning. Look at our view out the window!

This is a sitting area in the dining room. So warm and cozy.

This is the view out the window in our cottage


We rode this sky-lift to the top of a mountain in Gatlinburg.

at the top of the mountain

another view from the top

15 comments:

Dawn said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures!! The scenery is incredible!!!

The Durham Family said...

Gorgeous!!

Renie Burghardt said...

Wow, Patti, what gorgeous views! Your pictures are beautiful. It's been a few years since I was there, but your beautiful pictures took me back for a few minutes.

Thank you for sharing. I look forward to more.

Have a great day!

Hugs,

Renie

Picket said...

Morning girl...ohhhh I loved the view!!!! But girl you couldn't pay me to get on a ski lift! lol lol Everytime we go Bill ask me do I want to ride that thing! lol lol Oh lordy I get faint just looking at it! lol But that part of the country is just glorious...glad you had such a great time..but if you are like me...it is always so good to be back home! lol Have a great week sweetie!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! I wish I could have fit inside your suitcase so I could have gone too! :)

Sharon said...

I did not think that your list was boring at all. I truly enjoy reading about other people.
Your vacation pics are just beautiful.
I wish I could go see it in person.
Have a great day.

~Trish~ said...

I just got back from vacation too and had a hard time deciding on pictures! Thanks for stopping by my Kansas blog today! If you look at the two previous posts, you'll see my pictures from Colorado :)

BBB said...

Mmm - great pictures!!! The place you stayed looks FABULOUS!!!

Tammy Pearson said...

The pictures are gorgeous....don't just love that place....I fell in love with it and would go back in a heartbeat....I hope that you had fun, it looks like a great place that you stayed in.

Tracy said...

It looks beautiful Patti, so relaxing. My feet tingle just looking at that lift. LOL I don't do heights well.

Grannalisa said...

Beautiful scenery!! And the place where you stayed is gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Thanks for sharingyour lovely trip. It makes me homesick. I grew up in an area like this.

Kim said...

Wow Patti that is beautiful! I loved where you stayed.

Great scenery!

Kim

Linda said...

I've enjoyed all your pictures. My son was there in November the the leaves were at their peak. I love the mountains. Thanks for sharing your vacation.

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Breath takingly beautiful. Love those pictures!