Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Waltons

I've done a post in the past about this beloved television show. It has always been one of my favorites! I have been collecting all the seasons on DVD. I remember looking forward to watching this show back in the 70's. It came on Thursday nights. How many of you watched the Waltons?


11 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

I did! Loved the Waltons. They don't make good family shows like the Waltons anymore.

Have a great Tuesday! Hope you're not being affected by Eduardo.

Hugs,

Renie

Anonymous said...

I don't remember ever watching the Waltons. However, I must have watched whatever came on after them because I always remember the end where they say "Good night, John Boy".

Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday! :)

AMY said...

OK, If you love the Walton's, you should watch the movie Spencer's Mountian (Henry Fonda & Maurine O'Hara). I have heard the Walton's was based on this story. My family always laughed and said it was us since we were Spencer's and there were 10 kids in my family.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Waltons. I use to watch it at my grandparents. When all of the grandchildren would stay over we would go to sleep saying Good Night Jill, Good Night Jentry, Good Night Rachel, Good Night Ryan, Good Night Jaci, Good Night Nonna and Grandaddy.

Wonder where we got that from?

BBB said...

OH my goodness how I loved the Waltons... I had a crush on Ben for the longest time.

Aunt Julie said...

What a great show. I'm surprised that there aren't more re-runs on TV! We still say goodnight "The Waltons" way. "Good night John-Boy," etc., etc. Thanks for the clip, too--it was great to watch! BTW, Uncle Lynn's doing another Great Pop'rs Giveaway--please drop by soon!

Unknown said...

We watch the reruns now.Love this show!
Have a great day.
Lisa

Tammy Pearson said...

I loved it myself...I loved and have a crush on John Boy...he still hasn't changed or aged all that much the last time I saw him in a movie...it was my parents favorite show too.

Gigi Ann said...

Well, I'm guilty of watching the Waltons, also. I always enjoyed a good family show. And I still do, except they are hard to find now days.

Thanks for the memories...

Tina Coruth said...

I loved the Waltons! It was a great program. Every so often when the grandchildren are going to bed and calling out good night, either Dave or I will end our good nights with "good night, John boy!" LOL
Thank you for posting this video!
Hugs,
Tina

Mississippi Songbird said...

I loved to watch them..It's time that I rented them and checked them out again.. I used to enjoy them so much.