Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

GrandOllie's Quilts

My dear GrandOllie made beautiful quilts. Every stitch was done with her very own hands, not a machine. I have several that she made for me when I was growing up. I will treasure them always. I've passed some down for my children to enjoy. Here are just a couple that I have.

Each of these tiny squares were stitched together by hand. It is proudly displayed in my home.

This is a "yo-yo" bedspread that she made for me when I was a young girl. It is in my guest bedroom now on the bed that was mine when I was a little girl.

GRANDMA'S QUILT

With gentle and loving fingers She caressed the well worn fold; 'Round each piece a mem'ry lingers like a sweet story often told.

Sylvia Summers Pierce

13 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Oh, your Grand Ollie's hand made quilts are real treasures, Patti. Beautiful heirlooms! How lucky you are to have them. Beautiful pictures of the quilts.

Have a wonderful day!

Hugs,

Renie

Anonymous said...

Those are just beautiful! I have several that my grandmothers gave to me. I noticed that my favorite had a small hole in it. I was so sad to see it! I am hoping to get a cedar chest to store them in.

What a great memory of your GrandOllie.

BBB said...

Oh how BEAUTIFUL!!!! I want to learn how to quilt SO badly!!!

What precious treasures!!!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

WOW they are SO PRETTY! Man, how lucky you are to have these! Thanks so showing me such works of art!

Betty said...

Very beautiful quilts! I can believe it that you treasure them.

NaShae said...

I LOVE the one with circles! So pretty!

Sherri said...

Those are beautiful!!

Carole Burant said...

Oh Patti, such beautiful quilts and what treasures they are, especially since they were made by your grandmother!! Love the way you display that first one and the second one must bring back so many memories:-) xoxo

Unknown said...

I love your quilts and the fact that your grandma hand sewed them makes them so much special.Thanks for sharing your lovely quilts.
Hugs. Lisa

Kim said...

Simply beautiful!

Kim

Linda said...

Such beautiful quilts!! All of mine are getting a bit thread barren, but I still love them.

Susan said...

I love the quilts.They are beautiful.They are something you will always treasure. God Bless.

Heather said...

Those are gorgeous!! I can't image the hours of love put into those! You are so lucky!